Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Happy Anniversary!

It is amazing to me that my husband seems more excited about this anniversary date than the day we were married. We were married fifteen years ago this past August, by the way! This anniversary, however, is one of a different sort. It will be one year ago tomorrow that he took his oath and was commissioned 2LT in the Chaplain Candidate Program. All I have heard about for the past few days has been about his upcoming anniversary. The kids think we need to bake him a cake or cookies. Personally, I don't think we need any help putting on extra pounds, especially since he will be returning to Ft. Jackson soon. All joking aside, I am so proud of him. First and foremost, I am proud of his relationship with God. I am proud of his commitment to serve our country. I am proud of his boldness to minister the Gospel to the brave men and women fighting for our freedom. I am proud of his determination to finish seminary, continue ministering to our local soldiers, and support our family...all at the same time. I am proud to have been able to share the first year of this journey with him. Happy Anniversary, Honey! I love you!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Keep up the good work, Scott! Still praying God puts us all at the same post when you finally go active!! :) Miss you all! Laura